- 2 cloves peeled garlic, lightly smashed
- 2 T finely chopped shallot
- Kosher or sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ C fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- ¼ C (heaping) julienned sun dried tomatoes in oil (don’t blot dry)
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1½ t dijon mustard
- ¼ t maple syrup
- 3 T water (preferably filtered)
- ¼ C olive oil (your best)
- In a 2 cup liquid measuring cup, combine garlic, shallot, 1 teaspoon salt, a few grinds of black pepper, and lemon juice. Let stand 5 to 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, pulse sun dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, dijon, maple syrup, water, and oil in a blender or food processor. In the blender, it may take a few minutes of working up speed until the mixture is smooth but thick.
- Remove garlic from shallot mixture and discard, then add tomato purée to the measuring cup and whisk until well mixed. Season to taste if needed (mine didn’t need more seasoning). Set aside in refrigerator until needed, even if only for a few minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Condiment
- Cuisine: Vegan