The most colorful piña colada you’ll ever drink! This healthy smoothie has tons of tropical flavor, healthy fat, and nutritious greens…without any added sweetener. Pineapple provides all the sweet you need!
- 1 C unsweetened coconut milk (see notes)
- 1 C frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 large handful greens, such as kale or spinach
- Add ingredients to a blender in the order listed. Blend, starting on low speed and increasing gradually, until completely smooth with no visible fragments of greens. The consistency should be fairly thick, but for an even frothier smoothie, add a couple ice cubes, a few more pineapple chunks, or a couple chunks of frozen banana.
- While some smoothies don’t keep well made ahead, this one does! Refrigerate it for up to 24 hours, shaking it up or stirring before you drink it.
This smoothie recipe is vegan.
I like using homemade coconut milk–it’s extra fragrant without any additives. I strain mine through a mesh strainer–no cheesecloth or towels, since it will get blended into a smoothie anyway. Feel free to substitute any coconut milk beverage or canned coconut milk (full fat or light) in the smoothie. Canned will provide the most piña colada-like results.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Drink
- Cuisine: Healthy, Vegan