- 1 1/2 C water
- 1/2 C honey
- 1 lemon, washed and sliced thin
- 1 inch piece of peeled ginger, sliced thin
- Leaves from 1 to 2 sprigs of mint
- 5 C frozen or fresh pitted cherries
- In a saucepan, bring water, honey, lemon, ginger, and mint to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour through a colander or fine mesh strainer into a bowl or liquid measuring cup, and chill the liquid for half an hour.
- Combine infused liquid and cherries in a blender and blend until as smooth as you can get it. If desired, strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the small bits of cherry skin. Pour blended mixture into popsicle molds and freeze (without sticks) for about 45 minutes. There will probably be a little extra liquid, which is delicious over ice, or you can refrigerate and save it for more pops. Insert sticks (they shouldn’t pop out or tip over; if they do, wait another 20 minutes) then freeze until solid: at least several hours, preferably overnight.
- For easier removal, run hot water over outside of molds until loosened.
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Snack