To show the recipe as a list of numbered steps, click the “Print” button in the upper right!
- One or more garlic bulbs
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 (F). Peel any loose, excess layers from the garlic, leaving only the peel that isn’t easily removed.
- Hold the garlic on its side and use a sharp knife to cut off enough of the top (about 1/3″) to expose a cut surface on the cloves but keep them mostly intact. If there are any shorter cloves that got missed, use a paring knife to carefully cut off the tops of those cloves individually.
- Place each head of garlic on a sheet of foil and drizzle a teaspoon or two of oil over the top of each. Use your fingers or a brush to coat the exposed surface of every clove with oil.
- Seal the foil tightly and place garlic upright on a baking sheet. Bake garlic in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove garlic from the oven, open the foil, and make sure the garlic is very soft and a gorgeous golden brown. If it’s not, place back in the oven for 5 minutes and continue checking until it’s finished.
- Open foil and allow garlic to cool. Using your fingers or a knife, push (or spear) garlic cloves out of the skin from bottom to top. Most cloves will pop right out.
- Use roasted garlic as desired, or store in the refrigerator for about a week, or in the freezer for months. Enjoy all that delicious garlic flavor without any of the pungent bite, and with subtle sweetness!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins